Today is January 31st, it’s my birthday. I turn 29 today and I am prematurely, by one year, experiencing the feelings of no longer being able to say, ” I’m in my 20’s or 2o something”. Clearly I am emotional and overreacting a little here but can I even say “I am FOREVER 21” when I walk through the doors of Forever 21 when I am in my 30’s? LOL I have 365 day to live my best life the remainder of my 20’s.
I now understand why turning 30 is so hard for most! I mean everything happens in your 20’s, at least it did for me. I experienced so much over the last 9 years its really crazy. So just to get all in my feels I am going to dig through my memories and share a little with you.
- I got married
- Packed my bedroom into a mini Uhaul trailer and moved out of my parents house, 1,400 miles away from my family and everything I had ever known.
- Moved to D.C.
- Had my first home
- I could buy alcohol!
- Learned first hand how scary hearing, “Your pap-smear is abnormal.” can be.
- Spent the next 5 months getting to know my GYNO to remove the pre cancerous nightmare.
- Experienced a deployment
- Started a photography business
- A positive pregnancy test
- 8 weeks later I experienced the pain of a loss. The loss of someone I never knew. (Read about my loss Here)
- Another positive pregnancy test. (READ MORE HERE)
- I became a mom, to a beautiful rainbow baby
- Experienced a second deployment with a new baby and became an involuntary single mom
- Moved back home during the deployment
- after 11 months of our 2nd deployment moved to OKC
- A third positive pregnancy test
- Became a mom of 2
- Got into my very first and only car wreck on Mother’s Day. so scary! (not my fault! I was rear ended, PEOPLE TIE UP YOUR MATTRESSES)
- Started my blog, The Chic Blonde
- Made my first monthly 4 figures from my blog
- I got my nose pierced
- Separated from husband
- Repaired my marriage by the grace of God
- A fourth positive pregnancy test
- Moved to the Middle East
- Celebrated my very first birthday outside of the United States
- Had a baby in a foreign country. My first full epidural free birth on the highest dose of pitocin
These moments aren’t all the highlights but they are the ones that changed me or had an impact on me…..or the only ones I can actually remember right now, kidding, but seriously ALL THE BABIES!
My 20’s summed up may not seem like much but in between were a ton of up’s and downs and so many extraordinary memories! I just wanted to write this out mainly for myself because I doubt you really care what I was doing at the age of 23! I really want to live these next 365 days in my 20’s with purpose for my younger self and live it to the fullest!!!!
Honestly this is for me when I am 90 and can’t remember shit lol