Budgeting can be difficult not matter what you are saving for and it can be even harder when budgeting “normally” for everyday life and trying to budget for luxury things you just want. As a married fashion loving gal with a family it can be hard at times to justify spending bookoos of money on material things when that money could go into savings for the kids, emergency funds, paying bills, or any other boring adult responsibilities. But sometimes its nice to be able to save and buy the finer things you’ve worked so hard for every now and then. No matter what you are budgeting for with consistency and time you can get to your goal.
In this case today I am going to share with you a few tips to budgeting for the purse of your dreams. Like I said before as a wife with two little ones and one on the way if can be very difficult to justify spending close to $1,000 on a purse. It sounds a bit ridiculous! But as I said its wonderful to splurge and finally have that long awaited beauty in your hands! You work hard and you deserve a treat every now and then. If you are budgeting for it then its likely going to take some time to get that treat but that makes it all that much more rewarding.
Saving for a luxury purse has to start with figuring out exactly which brand and style fit you best. The one that will serve its beautiful purpose as well as functionality. You want to make sure the bag you are saving for is going to to be worth it in the end and you don’t have buyers remorse. For this I suggest looking at your lifestyle first. Are you wanting a going out on the town purse that is small and easy to carry or are you wanting an everyday purse that will hold all of your necessities and then some? Are you rough with your things or do you take extra care? Because you don’t want a $2,000 bag with soft lamb skin if you are bumping into things and tend to be a little clumsy.
The next suggestion I have is to go try them out! You can start saving now while you try on, look at purse details, and find the right one for you!
Now on to the tips:
- Set your max budget and what you are most comfortable spending.
- Calculate your monthly income and and your lifestyle expenses to get an idea of what budget you have to work with.
- If all you can set aside each month is $100 then that is great. If it’s only $5 that is great too. Remember budgeting is not something to be ashamed of and its not a contest. Its a personal goal and it takes constancy and time to reach it.
- Life can get in the way and unexpected expenses come up. So if a time comes and you have no other choice but to dip into your purse fund then by all means do it. There is no point in going into debt or struggling over a material item like a purse. You will be glad you had a savings going if a situation arises and you need to use your purse fund
- When shopping for groceries try cutting out the junk and unnecessary items.
- Save all your spare change -pennies too!
- Cut your daily trips to Starbucks.
- Target- yep just keep driving.
- Take your lunch to work.
- Search Pinterest for recipes to cook at home rather than eating out.
- Instead of going out with your girls every weekend try having a girls night in or every other weekend.
- If you have too many clothes, decor, clutter have a garage sale, utilize Platos Closet, or my fav for selling try Poshmark and Tradsey.
- You can find like new second hand luxury designer purses on Fahionphile, Vestiairie Collective , Poshmark, Tradesy without the insane brand new price tag.
TIME. TIME. TIME. It all takes time when budgeting so be patient and the day finally comes when you have saved all that you need and get to walk the streets with that new beauty on your arm be so proud of yourself! Budgeting isn’t a skill most people can follow through with so congrats to you!
Do you have any money saving/ budgeting tips? Share them in the comments I’d love to hear from you!!!