SURVIVING the LAST 10 WEEKS of PREGNANCY
Something happens when you finally hit week 30 in your pregnancy! You only have 10 or less weeks to go until you meet the sweet little bundle of joy that has been kicking you in the bladder and ribs for the past 9 months. During this time you also realize that you are getting into the single digit weeks and days left.
The countdown truly is on at this point! I am sure you have heard it and if you are a first time mama I am going to warn you something crazy happens the 10 weeks and especially the last month. Months usually last only 30-31 days not during pregnancy the last month lasts 9285692385725 days! Well it sure feels like it. The anticipation is killer, absolutely killer.You are so close yet still so far away.
There is lots to do but all you can think about is when the next week will get here.
I can’t make the days go by faster or give you secret tips to skipping straight to week 40 but I can help guide you through this brutal waiting game with a week by week to-do list and things to look forward to!
10 weeks to go sounds like forever!!! Here is something to look forward to….(in most cases and depending on OB) You will start seeing your Dr. every 2 weeks instead of every 4 until you are 36 weeks!
This week you can take a birth/newborn class or get First Aid/CPR certified. Its always good to know what to do in case of an emergency and you need to give first aid or if your baby is choking or not breathing you will know just what to do, so I completely recommend taking a class. Also birth classes are great to inform you of what to expect during delivery, tips on how to labor, and caring for your newborn. Another great class I recommend but I must tell you I never took one with any of my pregnancies. When its time to have your baby you just naturally know what to do.
Lets take it easy this week but make it a productive week.
- First if you plan on having maternity pictures taken find a photographer and get your session set up. Most photographers like you to contact them for booking between weeks 25-37 depending on their availability and you will most likely have your session between weeks 35-37.
- Second if you plan on having a photographer there to capture your birth get that booked too. Like I mentioned before its better to get these scheduled early to ensure you get a booking with your desired photographer. If you are on the fence about hiring a birth photographer I want to tell you from my personal experience, do it, you will regret nothing! I cherish my birth photos from when I delivered Bowen that I can’t imagine not having someone there. I wish I would have had someone capture my first baby.
- Thirdly, more photography stuff to take care of! Get your newborn session booked! If the only thing your budget can allow as far as photographs go I say hands down spend it on newborn photos. Your baby will change so much in just 2 weeks you will be so grateful you have newborn photos to look back on. Not only that but mom brain kicks in and somethings crazy happens to our memory so having these darling photos will be priceless.
Something to look forward to….3d/4d ultrasound photos. By 28-34 weeks is a great time to get a 3d/4d ultrasound done.
Write up your birth plan. You can have a birth plan in place regardless of how you are going to be giving birth. Be sure to be ver specific with this. Not all the time do things go as planned and you might not even go along with your birth plan when the time comes, that is okay. Its great to have one in place anyway. I will share mine with you…. my birth plan might look completely different from yours.
This would be a great week to have your baby shower/sprinkle/diaper party. Get ready to be spoiled and showered with baby gifts! I love baby showers mainly for the food lol but also the games and celebrating new life and a happy mama.
The baby shower is over and now is the time to stop procrastinating. Get that nursery complete this week or at least try to! Organize all your new baby shower goodies and figure out what you still need to get for baby. So if you haven’t picked up that crib now is a great time! Once baby gets here the last thing you are going to want to do it set up a lat min baby room. So better to get it done and out of the way now.
Something to look forward to….Next week will be your last every 2 week OB appointment! You will then go every week until you have your baby!!! Also you only have FIVE or less weeks to go!
I am sure you’ve been nesting already but how about a good deep clean! If you aren’t too tired and its okay with your Dr. do some deep cleaning. I would open the windows for extra ventilation and use some non toxic cleaners like this. When I deep clean I go crazy and literally cannot stop! I end up clean the most insane things like the outside window sills lol. If this is just not your thing or week hire a maid and sit back while your house gets in tip top shape for baby. Here is what I have on my deep clean to do list:
- Kitchen- Fridge, stove/oven, baseboards, cabinets, organize dishes,pantry
- Living Room- bleach couch (white couch never again) , rug, dust, windows
- Floors- vacuum, mop, sanitize
- Bathrooms- Bleach,Bleach,Bleach
- Master Bedroom- Organize clothes, wash bedding, make bed, dust
- Kids Rooms- Sanitize toys, wash bedding, dust, organize clothes
- Outside- Sweep balconies, wash windows
Also this week go ahead and wash all baby’s clothes and blankets. I like to use this detergent for my new babes.
Something to look forward to….next week your baby is considered full term! So technically you could maybe have a baby next week! Or this pregnancy will last until 41 or even 42 weeks. Since you are so close to your due date now would be a great time to pack your hospital bags as well as baby’s diaper bag. Also put the carseat in your car. If you don’t know if you’ve put the seat in properly you can drive over to a local fire station and they can help you insert the seat properly. You want to make sure its secure and not loose at all.
Yay!!! You are technically full term. This week you should get your maternity pics taken. Here are some gorgeous maternity gowns that make for some very beautiful photos. I’m also sharing a few of my maternity photos here!
This week pamper yourself. Go get a mani/pedi maybe even get your hair done. No one wants to show up to Labor and Delivery with chipped polish and rough feet. I’d say go ahead and put your hospital bags in the car just in case. You could go into labor any day now. Just try to stay patient lol.
7 more days until your due date!!!! If haven’t had your baby yet this week is all about getting that baby out! Some doctors will strip your membranes or give you a membrane sweep to help induce labor. That should only be done by your OB and only if they think its an option for you. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I had a sweep done with my first baby and 3 hrs later I was in active labor! If you don’t want to go that route don’t but here are some natal ways to bring on labor and one that your significant other will most likely love lol.
- Walk- walk around the neighborhood, pace back and forth in your home, go to the mall and walk, curb walking
- Dance- have a dance party, turn on your favorite music, and dance that baby out
- Yoga Ball- roll on the yoga ball for a while and do some light bouncing
- Sex- Do the deed lol
This is not professional advice the suggestions stated above are my opinions only. Ask your OB before trying anything.
OMG! finally the day has come and now we just wait…I think these next few days or week could possibly be the longest ever! But hang in there you did great and made it through the last 10 weeks of pregnancy without going completely stir crazy lol
I wish you all the best in your pregnancy and birth experience and pray you have a smooth delivery and a healthy happy baby!